Saturday, July 19, 2014

Austrian Internship: Day 7

We treated ourselves to sleeping in this (technically yesterday) morning (until about 9), and are now heading out to see what we can see before leaving for our internship tomorrow! We started our day off by visiting Mozart's wife's and father's gravesites in the St. Sebastian Cemetary, and then we toured Mozart's birthplace. I felt as if I was in musician Mecca. There were original manuscripts (I saw Rondo Alla Turca), his instruments, and original letters from him father. And all the while you could hear his work playing in the background (yes...including Don Giovanni). I found out while we were there that I have two pieces of stone from the foundation of the house in which he composed The Magic Flute. That gave me chills. I'm certainly keeping those for...inspirational...reasons. ;)

From there we visited the Cathedral at Salzburg and then walked through St.Peter's Church, where the flight scene from Sound of Music was filmed (which also has FIVE pipe organs). After a quick bite, and a nap we plan to go to the Maribell Gardens for a stroll.


While we were there, we saw the fountain at which Maria sang, sniffed roses, and listened to an English concert band play. It was a good evening, but I'm ready to hit the road for our internship. We're both exhausted and are going to bed early, and we're hoping that we find the correct train tomorrow morning. No wifi today, as you've found out by now. 


Goodnight!


P.S. what's better than playing Flappy Bird and watching Turkish game shows in bed at 9pm? I need a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment