Saturday, July 19, 2014

Austrian Internship: Day 8

Finally, it's internship time.  I'm ready to be out of this blasted hotel.  We're right next to the church and the bells ring ever 15 min, but at 8:45 they ring for 5 minutes.  And someone has been knocking around in the room next to us for 3 hours before we got up.  Geez.  Praying we find our train and get out of here soon.

We found out our train is actually a rail jet train, which is pretty cool!  Right now we're going around 110 mph through the countryside.  Going to meet up with our "employer" soon.

It is nearly 2pm and we have ridden 2 trains and 2 subways so far, and we're still not there.  We're hoping this is the last train we have to take...traveling is exhausting.  But we'll be working soon!

We arrived 2 hours early at the location we're supposed to meet our ride to our work,  and wouldn't you know, the whole train platform is under construction.  No bathrooms and no AC, even near the ticket office.  It'll be a long wait.

We were picked up in an ambulance at 4:20 on the dot, and we're on our way to the Red Cross!  This is my first time riding in an ambulence, and as Hawkins said, I'm glad I'm not riding in the bed.  ;)

We're being treated extremely well here at the Red Cross.  They've provided us with some snacks, a decent room, good water,  and some vouchers for grocery shopping (hoping it's enough for the month).  The boots they gave me are enormous and the pants way too small...hoping those can be exchanged or something.  For some reason the wifi isn't agreeing with us (just our luck...I wasn't surprised), and as we're the only people here for the night, we will just have to wait, although it is sad to have such limited contact with my family.  We're still not sure exactly what to expect here.  I guess you'll find out as I do.

It's incredibly flat here...not quite Kansas flst, but close, and it's around 85-90°F here.  I thought I left this weather in TN, but apparently I was mistaken.

We have the evening free and are probably going to bed early.  Tomorrow we have a dinner to attend and work starts on Monday!  Hoping and praying all goes well.

Goodnight from Austria!

No comments:

Post a Comment