Friday, July 25, 2014

Austrian Internship: TWO WEEKS!

Servus!

It has been two weeks since I first wrote in this blog about flying over to Europe.  A part of me can't believe it, and another part of me wonders that it's only been such a short time, as I feel as if I've been here forever.

I am so glad I am in Jennersdorf.  I enjoyed my short visit to Eisenstadt, but I've been in so many cities while I'm here that it's really nice to be back in the country.  My quip about the South being friendly has proven to  be true, and even though everyone here is a little nervous about speaking English, they've made me feel extremely welcome.

Today we had a lunch of Schnitzel and cordon bleu with fries (pommes), at it was super satisfying.  Apparently too, the Red Cross here in Austria has a partnership with Red Bull (it is actually made here in Austria...which I didn't know), and they gave me three cans of it this morning.  I have plenty of caffeine between that and the coffee.  Whew.  So if I seem a bit wired in the next few posts...you know why.  ;)

Today has been really laid back.  I've gone grocery shopping and, done some laundry (necessity once you get to a certain amount of socks), and I've worked on compiling all my best short stories, narratives, and poetry into one document.  I had the great idea to see how much I'd have, and as of right now I'm at 55 pages.  I still have yet to pick out some of my favorite Scarlequain blog posts to include too.

My volunteer service technically starts on Sunday.  I'll be on call in an ambulance - sounds really crazy to say that!  The rest of the day I'll keep writing and reading, and hopefully talk to some people back home.  I've found some good internet spots!

Can't wait to get working.  After my training I'm eager to see what being on call is actually like.  From what I gather it probably won't be very busy, but still - it's a brand new experience!

Until tomorrow,

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment