Saturday, August 2, 2014

Austrian Internship: Day 22

Well I was sposed to go into the Food Bank this morning, but last night after the festival I came home with a roaring headache...The kind that make me awful sick, and I was up throughout the night, so I ended up not going in and instead waking up at 11 am feeling like a train had run over me.  It's a stupid twist of fate that I get such headaches without getting drunk.

Today was very uneventful but very restful for me: I watched some cartoons, attempted to write my Scarlequain blog (the internet crashed and deleted it all), I read more of my Visions of Vocation book, and now I am sitting in the church in downtown listening to the organist practice.  I believe it is Bach.  I'm just riding Markus' bike around town stopping where I want.  It's lovely.  The organist is now playing a traditional hymn.  This is extremely pleasant.

I ended up riding out of Jennersdorf and into the countryside.  One sign led to another, and as soon as I saw the sign that said "to Slovenia"...I knew I had to go.  So, 19 miles later, after visiting the beautiful Slovenia/Austria border, I can now say I've cycled all the way to Slovenia.  What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment