Sunday, August 17, 2014

Austrian Internship: Heading Home

Today was another early morning, and we headed to the Frankfurt airport in a steady drizzle.  Being the genius that he is, Mr. Smith got our tickets quickly and we got around an enormous line.  After scortching our tongues on some McDonald's coffee, we sprinted through security and made it to our seats 10 min before the doors closed.  Now here on the airplane, the screens in the seats are showing a slide show of famous American geographies...And let me tell you, I am super happy to be going home.

Two movies, two hours of sleep, a small airline meal, and a very sore rear later, we have begun our descent with less than one hour to go.  Lemme tell you, we say at the station that doing nothing on a shift is tiring...but goodness flying for 9 hours is even more so.  I'm ready to get outta here.

My day ended by being greeted by my family and grandparents with signs, laughs, and hugs all around.  I'm still dealing with jet lag, a day later, but boy...is it good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment