Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Austrian Internship: Day 32-33

My Tuesday is uneventful,  but I am so very thankful for the restful downtime.  Today I have accomplished some simple things, like reading, washing and drying my laundry, doing some repacking, etc.  It's been raining steadily all day, and it's so very peaceful here.  I don't feel lazy one bit, but I am, instead, enjoying a slow day of rest.

This morning (on Wednesday) I was presented with a letter of recommendation Bruno, along with several very generous gifts from the Red Cross in honor of my time here.  Markus and I are planning to go to Pandorf later in the afternoon, and Mario might even join us!  Speaking of which, I finally made use of the Station's N64...And I'm beating Bowser before Markus arrives.  ;)

Markus arrived after midday and was the bearer of amazing and fantastic presents from my colleagues at Jennersdorf,  including Austrian chocolate, beautiful handmade cufflinks, and a huge photo collage from my time there.  I am so very overwhelmed with the kindness of my new dear friends.  I hope they get to visit me in TN one day so that I can repay the kindness a little bit.

In Parndorf (I've been misspelling it...), Mario bought us some natural ice cream, and it was fantastic.  I had a great time shopping with Markus, and got a new shirt and a cool yellow hoodie, but I think a shopping trip with Jessica is in order...shopping in Europe is WAY too expensive compared to home.

Markus and I set off to Eisenstadt to meet Sandra for dinner, but got a bit lost on the way.  I think our adventures together weren't quite over.  ;)

We met a friend of Mario's for dinner (Sandra couldn't wait on us for the amount of time we got lost...oops...), and we went to a super cool lounge called the "Mangoo"...A very tropical feeling place that had a small book of a menu for cocktails (which we didn't partake in tonight as I was the only person not driving).

All in all, it was a great day.  I was so very happy to spend time with Markus again, and I greatly look forward to the day when he comes to visit me in TN.

Tomorrow, I sleep in, and relax throughout the day (I'm certainly going to start reading the wonderful new Rilke book my Jennersdorf friends got me), and then we are going to attend a gala at the Oranjee at the Esterhazy Palace!  Super excited.

For now, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment