Sunday, August 10, 2014

Austrian Internship: Day 30

Welp, today we go to the blood drive, and we're sposed to be picked up at 1:30 for a shift that lasts until 11pm at least.  Found out the hard way that *nothing* is open on Sunday, so we couldn't go grab a sandwich before our shift.  It's like everything here took a lesson from Chickfila, and that ain't cool.  Speaking of which, I'm now craving a chicken sandwich.  Stupid stomach...

I'll let you know how the blood drive goes later on.  I don't really know what to expect.

Turns out this place is almost exactly like the fall festival at home: rides, food, blood drive, etc.  I was responsible for collecting donations at the entrance for 2 hours and then got 2 hours off, and continued this rotation all day, and we're supposed to be here until 11.  Talk about a loooong day.  I kinda feel like a beggar.  ;)

An Austrian teem walked past me wearing a shirt that said in big white letters on the front: WHO AM I?  I found it extremely insightful into the spiritual climate of the area.  I would be asking the same question if I were from here... is there anything to life outside of living,  working, and dying?  It's worth thinking about.

Anyway, as we weren't actually needed until 11pm tonight, and since most of the crew were wither staying in Gols or leaving at 2am, we were put on a taxi and headed back to Neusiedl for the night.  Hoping we make it, as our driver doesn't speak English.  ;)

Well we made it back safely, and in plenty of time for good sleep tonight.  Tomorrow we head to Vienna to meet with the General Secretary of the Austrian Red Cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment