Saturday, August 9, 2014

Austrian Internship: Day 29

My "shift" this morning was a quick one.  I was working with the Team Austria Food Bank, and as I can't speak German, all I could really do is help set up.  I'm so sad to be leaving Jennersdorf today, but I am very thankful for my time here.  The crew at the station is like one big family, and they made me feel like a part of it while I was here.  I couldn't have asked for a better place in Austria to spend my time.

After repacking all of my things (I hate repacking...), I'll be heading back to Neusiedl with David this afternoon, and having lunch with Markus one last time in Güssing. I'm not exactly sure how these last few days will play out, so you'll be knowing just about as much as I do, until I'm actually told what to do.  ;)

I sincerely hope I'll be able to come back to Jennersdorf one day.  I'm leaving a piece of my heart here.

I got to have lunch with Markus one more time before I headed back to Neusiedl via David and the "Sticker Car."  I'm glad I got to see him one more time, and it was good to have more Schnitzel.  ;)
The next few days will most likely be laid back and relaxed.  I think I may try to visit Pandorf,  per Markus' recommendation...maybe do some shopping.  We shall see.

My drive up with David was a good one.  We talked about all sorts of things and had a good time.  But much to my great chagrin, I locked myself out of the building and Sandra had to drive all the way over here to let me in.  I feel awful about it, and she's done so much for me already.  Erg.

The night ended nicely with me and Hawkins catching up on all of our adventures.  Tomorrow we head to a blood-drive the Red Cross is giving in a nearby town to work most of the day.  Looking forward to sleeping in, but not looking forward to working without my dear Jennersdorf friends.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment