Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Austrian Internship: Day 25-26

Yet again, my favorite part of the day centers on helping a little bit in cooking lunch.  We've been on call for 5 hours, and there hasn't been so much as a peep on the radio so far.  We're making up for it by having home-cooked burgers, and I'm cooking the bacon.  Of course.  ;)

I'm nearly finished with Visions of Vocation, and I've loved every bit of it.  I've taken to dog earing pages and writing extensively in it.

Combining two days because I didn't do enough yesterday.

Read Colossians 3 today, and it was perfectly applicable to my life.
Spent my early morning editing a politicap science paper for a friend and making a trip to the Penny Mart with the guys for food cause we're all hungry and bored.  But David and Marco and I actually had a mission this morning!  It was am easy transport, but at least it got us out of the station for a while.  It was only in Feldbach, so it wasn't too far, and it's an easy drive.

Shortly after, Markus, Stefan,  and I went to the Spar grocery store for lunch, and to visit the 92 year old woman who works there.  She has every price of every item in the store memorized!  I was super impressed.

Well, I was sposed to go to Graz today, but there were going g to be too many people.  Instead, I was whisked away to an emergency call.  Blue lights, speeding, sirens, the works.  Our patient had a stroke but was conscious.  Philip and I had to carry her down her apartment stairs to the ambulance and we rushed her to the hospital.  She's 93 years old.

Traveling at 130kmph, we took her to Feldbach because it was the only hospital nearby capable of dealing with strokes.
I actually feel accomplished with this mission.  We saved someone's life with our speed.  I guess this is my first taste if something like that.

Just before we got to the hospital, "Born in the USA" came on the radio.  Murica.

After work today me and my good friends (the same crew who went to Oberwart) all went over to Markus' house for a bar-b-q.  Marco is a pro at American football.  I'm so proud.  We ate well and had our picture taken 345565325 times by Marco...And I'm not going to edit this post any further because I'm tired.  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment