Monday, August 4, 2014

Austrian Internship: Day 24

Today largely uneventful, as I had the day off.  Fear not, though...Markus has me super busy the next week or so.  ;)

I finally got my Scarlequain blog post up and the author of the book I heavily reference shared my post on Twitter.  I was...ecstatic,  to say the least.

In the afternoon, I took a short ride to the Hofer (that's Aldi's to you guys at home) on my bike, and holy SMOKES am I out of shape...especially in the seat area.  ;)  I felt every bump.

Tonight I to the Red Cross helicopter pad in Oberwart with David, Michael, Marco, Rafael and his girlfriend, and Markus.  It was super cool to see the helicopter come in from a mission, and take off to another.  I've never been so close to one like that.  Made me think of Steven.

We were to meet Markus before going to the helipad, but we were early, so we browsed a local mall.  I only knew two shops: Gamestop and Claire's, and I was *this close* to buying a pair of royal blue jeans.  I think I should have.

Found out tonight Markus doesn't like dog drool.  ;)  That was quite comical to watch, once the helidog tried to get him to play fetch.

To finish off the night, w ate a "snack" of rack ribs and wings.  I can't even begin to describe how good it was to have "American food" again.  Don't get me wrong...I have LOVED the food here.  But tonight was much needed.

Anyway I'm on call again tomorrow starting at 7, so it's an early day for me!  We'll see what adventures and heroism tomorrow has in store.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment