Friday, August 8, 2014

Austrian Internship: Four Weeks!

As I got to bed last night at 1:30am, I slept in rather late, but got to cook pancakes for a few of the guys when I got up.  There was a slight misunderstanding about the chocolate chips...they thought I meant the cereal, and not what you bake with.  As it was, the grocery store didn't have real chocolate chips anyway.  Go figure.  But the pancakes turned out pretty well anyway.

I've started saying goodbye to my friends to my very good friends today, and I am reminded how much I hate goodbyes, especially when it is unsure if I'll ever see them again.  So very sad.

This evening, we (my normal group of friends here), all made our way to Riegersborg to the huge chocolate factory there.  On our way over, More Than a Feeling by Boston came on the radio...made me miss my dad and jamming and singing loud in the car.  ;)

The chocolate shop was absolutely amazing.  There were chocolate fountains, chocolate beans, drinkable chocolate...And the flavors!  Asperagus, scotch and whisky, 100% cocoa, fish, rose petal, chili, bacon, cheese, "Sacramental Wine," vodka...365 different flavors, and we might have tried 50 of them.  It really can't be described.  Check out my Facebook pictures.  It was crazy and now I have a huge sugar high.

I've started thinking about things I want when I get home, and so far, I want to wear my American jersey and my black Converse, hug everyone in my family, drink a Mountain Dew, and eat an American hamburger.

It has been a wonderful last day.  I love my friends, and I don't have enough good words to say in appreciation.  You all mean so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment